بورسیه تحصیلی دکتری روانشناسی دانشگاه نروژ
About the position:
In collaboration with the Center for Research on Extremism (C-REX) the Department of Psychology will open one vacant position as PhD Research Fellow. The person appointed may be given either a three year-appointment with no teaching obligations, or an appointment for a period of four years with a 25 per cent teaching requirement. The position will be opened within the thematic research areas of Center for Research on Extremism and the candidate will be jointly affiliated with the Department of Psychology and C- REX.
The C-REX center is interdisciplinary in scope with a Norwegian, Nordic and European focus, and applicants may come from different fields of research within psychology. The candidate will be part of the PhD programme at the Department of Psychology, but the work place will be at C-REX. The Research Fellow will have a 6 months trial period, and admission to the PhD programme is a premise. In evaluating the applicants the potential to contribute to research within the C-REX Center will be emphasized.
The purpose of the appointment is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree. The successful candidate will be admitted to the PhD-programme at the Faculty of Social Sciences when appointed for the position.
For more information please see: http://www.sv.uio.no/english/research/phd/application/index.html
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with the following qualifications:
- A Cand. Psychol, or a Master’s degree (120 ECTS) preferably in Psychology, or an equivalent qualification within a relevant field of discipline, qualifying for admission to the PhD programme at the Department of Psychology.
- The Master’s degree must include a thesis of at least 30 ECTS, and training in research methodology.
Applicants must submit a project description of up to 3000 words outlining the research topic, the research questions, the sources of data to be used, the choice of scientific theory and method, and a realistic schedule that details how the project will be completed within the fellowship period.
In evaluating applications, academic qualifications and the project outline will be given more weight than other disciplinary and general qualifications. Successful candidates must document top grades and a MA Thesis of the highest quality. Personal suitability will also be an important factor.
Short-listed applicants will be invited for an interview.
- Salary NOK 432 700 – 489 300 per annum (depending on competence).
- Comprehensive PhD programme
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Good welfare benefits
The electronic application must include:
- Application letter
- Project description (in English or Scandinavian language)
- Copy of Master’s dissertation.
- Copies of transcripts: All applicants must submit their Master’s degree Diploma and transcript(s), preferably together with a class distribution of grades. This documentation must be in English or in a Scandinavian language (or translated into English/Scandinavian by a certified translator). The transcript must specify the grade achieved on the Master’s thesis.
- Official explanation of the grading and credit system at your university (if not Norwegian), preferably translated into ECTScredits.
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee.
- Applicants with relevant publications may include one of these.
The application with attachments is to be delivered in our electronic recruitment system EasyCruit. International applicants must attach an explanation of their University’s grading system and are advised to apply for NOKUT’s general recognition of higher education. Please remember that all documents should be in English, or a Scandinavian language.
Evaluation of the application
The applicants are assessed by a selection committee based on documented qualifications and the candidate’s academic and personal prerequisites to complete the project within the given timeframe according to the rules and regulations for admission to the Department’s PhD programme.
Please also refer to the regulations pertaining to the conditions of employment for research fellowship positions (English translation). For further information, we refer to Guidelines concerning appointment to post doctoral and research posts at the University of Oslo.
The University of Oslo has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results a.o.
The University of Oslo has a goal of recruiting more women in academic positions.
Women are encouraged to apply.
The University of Oslo also has a goal of recruiting ethnic minorities to Norway in academic positions. Ethnic minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Application deadline:
- 15 October 2016
- Expected Start Date:
- Center for Research on Extremism
- Reference number:
- Home page:
- Head of Administration Birgitte Bøgh-Olsen
Telephone: +47 22 84 51 04
- Head of Section Associate Professor Knut Inge Fostervold
Telephone: +47 22845057